Friday, November 1, 2013

My Best Trick or Treat

It wasn't a compliment from a guy about how I looked.   It was a compliment from Stacey Keith saying that my legs looked really awesome.     She is my instructor who loves muscles and who I stalk around town because I really enjoy her class torture.   (i.e. 100 reps of tricep curls & 600 reps of a variety of squats - and that's in one class.)  
 
Lest you think I'm going to launch into a leg modeling career, mine are not the type to appear in a magazine - long and tapered thin.   Mine are more like the sturdy, short, tree trunk brand.  
 
Stacey's compliment was really a great treat, but the trick behind it has taken me 780 days of one baby step after another.  It's called hard work to get blubbery muscle to tone and tighten up.   It's going to class when I don't want to.   It's ignoring the flames when my muscles are BURNing.   It's adding on that little bit of extra weight to the bar to push myself even though I won't finish the set.   It's taking off some of the weight to finish the set.  
 
The older ladies were right.   After a certain age, women's bodies have a mind of their own about where south really is.     Photographic aesthetics isn't what motivates me now.  It's being strong that gives me the lift to keep reaching higher. 

 
Just keep swimming!
Moowoo

No comments:

Post a Comment