Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rocking Vanilla Jesus Juke

"Why can't you be a normal mom?!  Make a normal dinner?!?" screamed my 8 year old kid who was complaining about dinner - again.

"Normal?  Normal is average.  Normal is dumb and broke!    Normal is rocking vanilla."  answered I.  "Eating gluten free - Paleo - eating like a cave man is awesomeness."

"What are you talking about?!"

"I'm talking about trying on awesomeness like Jon Acuff."

"Who's that?"

'He's a famous writer - like he's written 4 books. He made up the phrase Jesus juke. Google it."

'The Jesus what?  He's not famous otherwise I would know about him like Taylor Swift."  

That's when this cave woman realized she has channelled her inner Jon Acuff too much while she cooks over an open fire.    (It's really a gas stove.)   I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to start, but maybe I should quit.    That instead of punching fear in the face I was about punch my kid's lights out for what?  Being an average, normal Chinese kid who thinks cauliflower rice is weird?  

But, hey, this is stuff Christians like... we go for weird, we go for the broken, we go for out of the ordinary...because who else has a god who came down from heaven to lie in a feeding trough in a barn that no industrial amount of Febreeze could hide animal husbandry and fake people out in a commercial?

But it's here in the story of how Christ came down into our plain vanilla world compared to a heaven where choruses of angels sing Him praises and rocked it on this third rock from the sun.   He rocked vanilla so much that he rolled it away on the third day.   

And that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment